The item you ordered will be delivered Monday through Friday during normal business hours, via a large freight truck. You will be called by the freight company in advance to set up a delivery appointment.
If you know that large trucks cannot deliver to your address, it is possible that the freight terminal may ask you to meet their truck, or pick up at their terminal. We apologize, but your freight charge is not refundable if that is the case.
Our service is called curbside
, which means you must assist the driver in taking the item off the truck, and it is your responsibility to take the item inside your home. Inside delivery may be possible for an additional charge.
You must be present for delivery. Inspect the outside of the package for signs of damage. If the driver is willing, open the box and inspect the item for damage. If you find damage, refuse the shipment. If you authorize the freight company to leave the item while you are not there, we cannot be responsible for any damage you find.
Keep the box and packaging intact until you have had a chance to completely inspect the item. If you find a defect after the box has been discarded, you will need to find a box so that we can arrange a pickup for you.
If the following issues arise, please call us at 1-800-231-8060 so that we can assist you. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, and Saturday 9am-5pm ET.
FREIGHT DELIVERY AGREEMENT (PDF file)
- To request inside delivery service.
- If the freight company tells you there is money due at the time of delivery.
- If you are leaving town anytime between now and the expected delivery time.
Sometimes our vendors are able to ship earlier than we expect.
- To change your delivery address. If the item has shipped there is an additional charge with any change including delivery address.
- To cancel your order. If the item has been shipped the freight charge is not refundable
and the return freight will be deducted from your merchandise credit.
Please note that some upholstered items cannot be cancelled after 48hrs.
- If you have refused your delivery for any reason.
- If you have found damage to the item after the driver has left.
- click to print freight delivery agreement.
Please note: Sturbridge Yankee Workshop does not ship freighted items outside the contiguous United States.
We appreciate your business, and hope that you enjoy your purchase!