Antiqued copper framing dozens of panes of glass makes our Starlight Copper Chandelier a striking statement in your dining room, entry, or hall. Professional installation recommended. Comes in two sizes. 60W candelabra bulb. Imported. 10" diameter or 18" diameter.
- 5 for looks - 0 for practicality Review by
- I love this light and greatly anticipated its arrival. It appears well made and looks awesome. I ordered it in large and also purchased a 60W Marconi bulb for the inside, gorgeous. Now for the zero part. I agree with the comments that this chandelier is very difficult to clean, but because I already own several Moravian Stars, I expected this. The real disaster of this beautiful piece lies in the installation. My husband experienced the exact same issues that Mark spoke of. Installation took two days and some major brainstorming to work around the poor design for electrical hook up. He did finally succeed, but this is not a cheap piece of junk and installation should have been better thought out, or thought out at all. I will enjoy it now that it is installed, but I dare say, my poor husband will probably cringe every time he looks at it. 5 stars for beauty, 0 stars for practicality, leaves me with three stars. (Posted on 9/20/12)
- Beautiful Star Light Review by
- I just receive this light a few weeks ago and have to say it is "Beautiful".I ordered the smaller one and have to say that this is not only a light but a piece of artwork that will hang for many years in our home to enjoy.
Thanks SYW! (Posted on 9/20/12)
- Hard to Clean Review by
- As much as I love the design of this light and wanted it for years, I had to to spend extra money to have it rewired to fit my extra high ceiling and professionally installed. There is no way to remove the pendant from the wiring for cleaning...very difficult to dust and keep sparkly clean. Still, the light is very much a conversation piece. (Posted on 9/20/12)
- Installation nightmare! Review by
- I've worked with lighting. I've worked with contractors. I've engineered lighting installations. My statements do not come from inexperience. This fixture is an installation nightmare. They recommend "professional installation" because it is a poor design for installation. Most fixtures come with the decorative ceiling box cover that can come down over the chain to give room to wire it, not this one. Most have a separate nut to keep that cover in place, not this one. This fixture requires you to twist the entire fixture after it is wired in order to get the box cover up to the ceiling level. Did the designer ask what happens to the wires in the box when you twist the whole fixture? It seems very clear that the designers have never installed this themselves! (Posted on 9/20/12)
- beautiful Review by
- We've had this light for about a year and still love it! My husband had no problem installing it himself. (Posted on 9/20/12)
- HOW TO CLEAN Review by
- I LOVE this beautiful light.....when it is off. I drooled over this light fixture for many months before purchasing. I must admit, I hardly ever turn it on because I don't know how to get it clean. The opening to replace the bulb is VERY small which also means no way to really get the inside clean. Perhaps I will have my 6 year old grandchild attempt to clean the inside..... (Posted on 9/20/12)